Monday, October 10, 2016

Homemade Rosary Holders

 We found a great activity for a chilly afternoon over at Catholic Icing.
The result were beautiful for a VERY low cost. 
 We made decoupage Rosary holders. 
I bought wooden plaques at Walmart for about .50 each. 
I had tissue paper in the crafting stash.
The most expensive item was the modge podge... I could have used watered down white glue, but I want to make autumn luminaries so I will be using the modge podge for that.   
 The first step was to cute tissue paper into small shapes and painting the modge podge over the wood and the tissue. 
 We then picked images from the web.  I printed these out, but you could use old religious greeting cards are images from Catholic "junk" mail. 
 Then we  glued the image onto our plaques and covered the pictures with modge podge.  
 The results were just beautiful.  
I forgot that I also bought little screw in hooks to attached to the bottom of the plaque.
These were $1.98 at Walmart for a package of 10.
 A beautiful place to hold the kids most precious Rosaries.  
Make sure to check out Catholic Icing for many more family activities.  

No comments: