Monday, February 6, 2012

Road Trip!!

This morning I woke up after having a wonderful dream about being at camp.

My parents had a camp which we spent the summers for my first 40 years....you know....my childhood.

Well, the dream was wonderful and I awoke and was feeling a little blue, so hubby said, "Let's get in the car and head up north."

I hesitated, but he got his way...and off we went.


The old camp is still standing, just like we left it. And look at that snow. We have only had snow on the ground for a handfull of days this winter, but travel an hour and a half north, and a little snow was still on the ground.

Many, many wonderful memories.
The dam was opened wide in Old Forge.


It was about 40 degrees. Perfect weather for climbing trees.

Someone on McCauley Mountain was cheering for the Giants yesterday.

The Moose River in Thendara.

The sky was crystal clear today!

On the way home we had to stop where this Mom and Dad met...Camp Nazareth.
Grace and Kimberly ringing the camp bell.

Kimberly

This is where it all started.

Hubby enjoying the view of Little Long Lake.

Camp Nazareth

Kimmy in the winter sunshine

Grace and Kim checking out Mom's cabin....Cabin 1

Thanks for the great day, Pat. I wake up from a good dream and you turn it into a wonderful, memory filled day!!!

3 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

Beautiful family and beautiful photos!!!

Joan O. Scharf said...

Oh, Wow! Those photos sure brought back clear memories of Camp Nazareth days! I especially appreciated the photos of The Bell, having somehow squeezed up under the roof there for a counsler hunt! (no one found me). Thanks for posting....

Theresa said...

Beautiful pictures aunt Joann and family!