Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Yarn Along.......

From Ginny, the founder of Yarn Along~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?

I finished a kitchen set earlier in the week and decided to do a little knitting for my favorite charity, The Pink Slipper Project. It's the perfect thing for using up left over yarn (the slippers don't have to be pink). Slippers are quick and easy and needed by the women and children in shelters that the Pink Slipper Project helps. There are several patterns on the website to choose from, my favorite is a classic "stay-on" slipper. The pattern is on the right sidebar of the Pink Slipper Project website. When I got my Ipad, I wasn't sure how I would like reading on it, but I have discovered a new love. It's perfect for having all my current books in one spot, and with the back lighting it doesn't bother my eyes. I also didn't realize I would find so many free books using the Kindle app. Right now I am enjoying the free, easy read, Hide in Plain Site.


My deep read is Happy are You Poor. As I strive for more simplicity in my life, this is an inspiration.

2 comments:

no spring chicken said...

I love a worthwhile knit (not that there is any other kind). :) It's wonderful that you are turning out so many wonderful things for others!

Blessings, Debbie

molly said...

I Love that book!