Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cross suncatchers

As we enter Passiontide I thought it was a perfect time to make cross suncatchers for our front windows.

I cut two crosses out of black construction paper for both Kim and Luke.

Then I used clear contact paper and stuck one of the black crosses onto the contact paper, sticky side up. To speed up the process today, I cut alot of tissue paper shapes for the kids to use. If we had more time, Kim and Luke would have cut the tissue paper themselves.

The kids then filled in the whole cross area with tissue scraps. Glue the second cross over the the tissue paper and cross. This makes it look nice from both sides. Hang in a window and enjoy.
It was a perfect craft for this rainy Wednesday as we come closer to the Passion of Jesus.

4 comments:

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

Thanks for the suncatcher idea. I like the use of contact paper, which avoids messes I'm not in the mood to clean up! And it will use up the thousands of tissue paper squares I have :)

framgirls said...

I just wanted to say how much I love your blog! You have so many fun ideas and my girls always have fun with the ones I share with them!!!! Thank you for your blogging!!!!

Stacie.Make.Do. said...

We did this today and our kids had a great time, and the crosses turned out lovely. Thanks for the nice tutorial.

TheFiveDays said...

Great idea!