Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Yarn Along.......

From the founder of Yarn Along~ Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs. I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading?~





Most of my yarn work revolved around this heart garland this past week. I crocheted a few at a time throughout the week and completed them yesterday. You can see the full post about them here.

My personal reading is the same as last week. Most of my daily reading revolves around the kids schoolwork and the liturgical year. These are the books about the lives of the saints that we read from daily.
I love the softness of this yarn from Michaels craft store.
I am starting a blanket for Mark. I did a garter stitch border and then a stockinette stitch for the body of the blanket, putting a row of garter stitch every 2 inches for texture.
I have also started a baby blanket (I am behind on my baby blankets and have a few momma's getting close to delivery).
I am using another yarn from Michael's craft store--Snuggly Wuggly.
And, what am I reading???....many, many picture books....This is where I keep most of the library picture books, in the corner of the living room.
Happy knitting and reading everyone.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love, love the heart garland. And your book corner is amazing.

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen said...

The pink with the red hearts is super pretty!