Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Yarn Along.......

School has reached full throttle so most of my reading these weeks are school books and read alouds. Our main theme of this week is the Arctic, Arctic animals and snow, snow. snow.
These two books compliment each other very nicely.....I am hoping to become much more peaceful and have a new simple life style by this time next week!
I can always dream, can't I?
The knitting needles have been clicking away.
I finished a beautiful scarf, and am almost done with a pair of mittens using Loops and Threads Impeccable yarn...color: summerset ombre.
I just love the earthy colors and the feel is nice and soft---but warm also.
The mittens are my favorite two needle pattern...and the scarf was made using this pattern.
I am going to use this stitch on some other items I have in mind very soon.
Come share with us over at Yarn Along....I would love to see what is on the needles and what books are being read!

5 comments:

huana said...

I love the color(s)!

Jarka said...

awesome colors!!!!! wow! wow! wow!
it has to be beautiful feeling to knit with such beautiful yarn :)
I love it when I have some particularly nice yarn and I'm starting new project... :)
nice :)

Elizabeth said...

What wonderful colors! Just lovely. And oh to live a little more simply and joyfully.

Blessings, Elizabety

Sweetness and Light said...

awesome yarn color, so cheery and warm looking :)

Anonymous said...

The yarn reminds me of strawberries in the best possible way. :)