Sunday, January 16, 2011

What My Children are Reading and the Read to Me Challenge

I joined the "Read to Me-Picture Book Reading Challenge"....challenging myself to read at least 200 picture books to the kids this year. I don't think I will have a problem reaching that goal.

I think it will be fun to have a record of the books we are reading throughout the year.
This also seems like the perfect time to link up with the What My Children are Reading blog carnival.

I think the easiest way for me to do this is to photograph the books throughout the week and post once a week.

We have been learning about the artic enviroment this week in homeschool. These are some of the books the littlest learners have enjoyed this week.
Also included in this photo is the dvd, Growing up Artic. The kids really enjoyed this and it accompanied the unit wonderfully.
Six more books we enjoyed. Luke, 5, especially enjoyed The Brave Cowboy.
Because of this one cowboy book, we will be starting a cowboy unit next week!
So, as of Saturday, January 16th, our picture book count is 10!
These are the books this momma read to the kids, not the many picture books the older brothers and sisters read to the smaller kids.




3 comments:

Gae said...

Dear Joann,
Great Idea I think I might join in too
Blessings
Gae

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Thanks for joining WMCIR! I am sure you can rise to the challenge - your picks are great.

The1stdaughter said...

So glad to have you a part of the challenge! Sorry for the delay getting over to say hi. I can't wait to see all the books you read with your kiddos! It's going to be a fantastic year I think!