Monday, January 24, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook--January 24


Outside my window... a crystal clear blue sky and minus 15 degrees. We have at least 2 feet of snow on the ground. I guess I am looking at a very chilly winter wonderland.


I am thinking... about my family members who are in Washington DC, to "March For Life", on this cold day. I am thinking it can't possibly be 38 years since the Roe V. Wade decision...I was 7 years old. I remember hearing a sermon in church about this decision and being so afraid because I thought someone was going to try and kill my baby brother...How many baby brothers have been killed in these past 38 years? One killed would be too many, but there have been millions....we need to PRAY today....

I am thankful for... a warm house, snuggly blankets and cozy slippers. From my daily "thankfulness" journal: A Grandma who invites everyone over after church for "doughnut day". A new 11 year old in the house. I am very thankful for doctors and medicine and private health insurance.

From the learning rooms... We have to get on track. We have to get on track....I think I can, I think I can....


From the kitchen... chocolate chip cookies as soon as I am done writing this post. I need to warm up the house and everyone will appreciate the yummy smell of baking cookies while the house warms.

I am wearing... Guess what? I am wearing my brown, flower flannel pj pants and a Holy Cross t-shirt.


I am creating..
Valentine crafts with the kids, and Valentine crafts for the Momma...I am making a crochet heart garland....pictures will be up soon because I am almost finished with it.

I am going... to church with the kids at noon to say the rosary for the unborn and for the safety of all the marchers. Our little community has sent 2 full buses of marchers to Washington DC.


I am reading ... schoolbooks, Holiness for Housewives, The Magnificat, and Small Steps for Catholic Moms. These seem to be the only books I have time for lately, but they are the only books nessesary.

I am hoping... for the safety of all the travelers heading to the March For Life today

I am hearing... kids talking, kids laughing, dogs barking...the normal morning noises


Around the house...
We will slowly brighten this winter dreary house up this week with Valentine crafts....if we can climb over the "lived in" look....


A Picture I Thought of Sharing... Gracie and Kim enjoying Mark's birthday



No comments: