Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook--January 17, 2011


Outside my window... 1 degree!! At least we are not below zero. Syracuse, 20 minutes away from us, has received 104 inches of snow this winter season so far...enough said about "outside my window".

I am thinking... that we need to get some schoolwork done this morning before we take off the afternoon. I am also thinking that if I could get rid of alot of "stuff and clutter" days would go much smoother.

I am thankful for... my journal, which makes makes it easy to "see" what I am thankful for. I am thankful for children who love to listen to read alouds as much as I like to read them. I am thankful for teenagers who will laugh with me throughout a craft store. I am thankful for emergency rooms!!

From the learning rooms... The big news is that Gracie has learned all her multiplication facts through the nines!! She also realized that she knows all her division facts (after 1 lesson about division)...It was a GREAT math week around here.

From the kitchen... Today is a pizza day---after today I don't really know what will be happening in the kitchen. I do know that one day I will make cinnamon chip cookies.

I am wearing... my flannel brown flower pj pants, a Boston Red Sox' sleep shirt and a purple bathrobe

I am creating... crafts---I believe our crafts will revolve around Valentine's day for the next few weeks. I even have an idea for a crochet heart garland....I will keep you updated.

I am going... to Grandma C's house this afternoon. The kids are excited to have a half day of school--and to have pizza for dinner. The rest of the week we are going to doctor appointments--4 to be exact....

I am reading... I have two books I'm reading in the morning during my quiet prayer time: Bernadette and the Lady and Holiness for Housewives. Bernadette and the Lady is going to be a book for Mark to read on his own, so I wanted to read it first to be able to check his comprehension. I have just started Holiness for Housewives. I am really glad to have found this book right now, since I can use all the help I can get learning how to "find God amid the dishes, the diapers, and the dirty laundry."

I am hoping... for many successful doctor's appointments this week.

I am hearing... Since many hours have past since I began this Daybook post, the early morning quiet is gone and has been replaced my Matchbox airplanes having a batttle, Gracie on the computer, Fraggle Rock on Netflix, Amy talking about her homework and occasional shrieking....

Around the house... quite a bit of chaos, big messes, little messes, piles of dirty laundry and piles of clean laundry....and children, children everywhere

A Picture I Thought of Sharing...
On Friday night we headed out to see "Once Upon a Mattress" is our pj's...ok...some of us where in their pajamas. Becky was the assistant director of this show and it was just wonderful.

No comments: