Thursday, June 24, 2010

Preschool Days---letter Mm---Week 5

Kimberly is 4 years 1 month
Luke is 5 years 1 month
It's Mm week!!!
Time for M&M's!!
The perfect treat for math time.
The kids have really enjoyed counting along with the M&M's Counting Book.
These math lessons are yummy, too!!
Moose starts with Mm---this tape of Robbie Benson reading If You Give a Moose a Muffin is wonderful.
Both kids have listened over and over to this tape ( and I love hearing Robbie Benson's voice, too). This also includes a fun follow along action song about making muffins and the dance--Doin' the Moose---it is very cute!
I used my favorite printable site at First-School for our Mm wall.
Luke and Kim both enjoy using the computer, and I enjoy when they learn while they play.
My favorite site is Starfall.
Confessions of a Homeschooler has a whole M&M's printable unit.
This is the capital/lowercase sorting game.
I added Mm words to our word making box.
Next week I will add big brothers Mark and Matt's pictures and names to cards and add them to our box.
Mm is for marshmallows.
I love seeing these "marshmallow Mm's" on our Mm wall.
Perfect coloring, Kimmy!
Our author for our Mm unit is Robert Munsch. These books are silly stories that really seem to tickle all of my kids. They are great read alouds and fun for everyone.
Last March we had alot of fun with a Robert Munsch book, Mmmm, Cookies!!
Luke loves making his letters using the Geoboard.

Mm is for mud pie.
So we made a yummy pudding and Oreo cookie mud pie.
Luke is using his Rescue Hero hammer to smash Oreos.
Kimberly "reading" the Jell-O box.
We used two large Jell-O pudding mixes to make 2 pies.
Kimmy stirred about 1 cup of Luke's smashed up cookies into the pudding.

Pour into 2 cooked graham cracker crusts.
Chill and enjoy.

Next week we will continue our letter Mm fun.
Check out more Preschool Corner posts at Homeschool Creations.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

It looks like the kids had so much fun! We love the book If You Give A Moose A Muffin!

The Attached Mama said...

Mmmmmm, all of that chocolate is making me hungry!
You had some fantastic ideas! I think I am going to try to make my own M & M counting book. What better motivation is there to practice counting.

Rhonda said...

I love the marshmallow "M" What a great idea. All of their work is wonderful.