Monday, August 10, 2009

Makes My Monday--Chittenango Falls

What "Makes My Monday" this week is the fun family time we had on Sunday.
We visited Chittenango Falls, a local state park, enjoyed a picnic and then walked to the bottom of the falls.
This is the overlook at the top of the 167 foot falls.
A little rest before starting the walk down to the bottom of the falls.
Laura and Daddy, about halfway down.
It is a beautiful spot, but the kids aren't as interested with this side of the bridge,
they wanted to get into Chittenango creek and search for "stuff."
Laura gave the bad example of being the first with her shoes off.

At this point, most of the shoes were still on,
but not for long. Mommy caved, and everyone played in the water.




I love little feet!
Dad stood guard, and no one fell in!
We did have a problem with Kim and Grace's dresses, but Daddy solved this problem. Luckily, they always wear shorts under their dresses.
Nine year old boys
and four year old boys are alot alike.
Daddy threw a last rock and then we had to head for home.
Great Sundays always Make my Monday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful outing-was a great weekend for such events. Kim

"My Little Wonders" said...

What a beautiful sight. Have you ever done any panning for gold with the kids? That looked like a perfect spot to try.
Lori~

monica said...

Wow what a great place - so pretty. Looks like you had a great time with all the smiles everyone had!! That would make my Monday also! Stopping by from MMM!

Rhonda said...

Those falls are just beautiful! I love the little feet photo. So cute! Looks like everyone had a wonderful time!

Laura said...

I love you big family people and your big family pictures.

Cheryl Lage said...

Oh Joann, like you, I am often slow to "cave" but ever so grateful when the occasion turns out as spectacularly as yours seems to have done! LOVE the new header image and all these wonderful images.

Thanks for playing along and Making My Monday!

Kimberly said...

Love the falls and the photos!

Renee said...

This looks like a perfect day to me. Family together. Everyone enjoying the day. And mom caving in. Sounds pretty terrific to me. But tell me, did you get your feet wet too? LOL God Bless Joann, thinking of you! :-)