Sunday, June 7, 2009

Along our path to heaven

sometimes something comes along that can help us on our journey.
I was blessed to receive the month of May's Magnificat magazine. I am sure most of you are familiar with this pocket sized "daily prayer companion", but if you are not, it contains the daily Liturgy along with many inspirational daily prayers and meditations.
In a very busy family such as ours, it is nice to be able to find, in one spot, very beautiful morning and evening prayers.
Each day contains a medition and also a look into the lives of a saint. Some of these saints we have read about are men and women we hadn't "met" before--so through the Magnificat, we have learned about some new lives of which we can strive to copy on our path to Heaven.
I, myself, love the intersessions offered in both the daily morning prayers and evening prayers. I use these intersessions as my personal prayers during the day, trying to keep them in mind as I go about my day, trying to offer small trials to God.

It is a little expensive, but well worth the money for the amount of information and inspiration contained within its pages. You can order it for the same price from the Catholic Company as from the publisher.

No comments: