Monday, March 3, 2008

I thought we were done with Dr. Seuss....

but I still have a big pile of Dr. Seuss books that I am reading aloud to the kids, and today I picked up this book, My Many Colored Days.

I had never heard of it and I wasn't quite sure what to expect. It certainly took me by surprise.

"My Many Colored Days was written in 1973, but Dr Seuss felt that he couldn't adequately illustrate it. Steve Johnson and Lou Fancher provided paintings which add incredible dimension to the text.
The result is a wonderful visual metaphor for presenting the gamut of emotions and a clever way of talking about feelings with one's child, whether it's a grey day and we feel down; a yellow day where we're busy as a bee, or a mixed up day." from an amazon review-Jim Carson.

It is wonderful to be surprised by something when you least expect it.

1 comment:

His Servant: Ann Kraeger said...

I thought I had read all the Seuss books. I'll have to try that one.