Tuesday, February 12, 2008

St Benedict and St Scholastica

We have been busy learning about important Saints of the Chruch using the wonderful Catholic Mosiac book, thanks to Cay.
This week the Church celebrated the feast days of twins, Benedict and Scholastica.

We learned about these saints as we read The Holy Twins:Benedict and Scholastica. It is a wonderful book illustrated by Tomie dePaola, and the children had fun looking for all the religious imagery included within its pages.
I also took this time to talk about our Holy Father Pope Benedict. We discussed how a Pope chooses a name and we discussed the succession of Popes, beginning with Saint Peter.

We also made copies of the Cross of Benedict as found in the book, The Holy Twins. I found a template for this cross over at Gray Family Circus. Thank you Andrea!

Mark's finished product, all ready to be proudly displayed on our "learning wall."

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very, very cool! The kids did a great job. (I need to start filling in my library with some of these books!)

"My Little Wonders" said...

The art work looks really nice....I like your header picture, we have been having that kind of weather all week here.