Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Dr. Seuss- Part 3

Our Dr. Seuss unit is still going strong. Today brought a look into the book Horton Hatches the Egg.
Again we discussed the morals that we learned from this book, and I was very pleased with what the kids came up with.
1. keep your promises
2. mean what you say
3. Do what you should- even if it is hard
and last but not least-tell the truth
They kids wanted me to write "never believe a sneaky, lying bird" but I told them that I wanted something postitive to put on the poster- so "tell the truth" was it.

Later, we hardboiled some eggs so that we could investigate them.

We peeled our eggs very carefully and found all the main parts, then we drew and labeled what our eggs looked like. I also found a fun book about eggs at Enchanted Learning.
It is a layered book that begins with a robin's egg and continues with the eggs getting bigger and bigger until...
it ends with a dinosaur egg.

2 comments:

"My Little Wonders" said...

I was wondering if you are a member at the enchanted learning?
I am thinking of joining and I was wondering if it was worth the money. (you give such great ideas to get from them)
Thanks Lori
psst...I went to kohls and bought all 4 of the books and animals. I will refering back to you when we do them.

Katie said...

cute. cute. cat in the hat cake. Thanks for linking to ABC.