Thursday, November 29, 2007

An Advent Paperchain

This year, to go along with our non-traditional advent log, we have made a non-traditional advent calendar-paper chain. We have used the colors of advent--purple and pink--with Christmas highlighted with a red chain.
Here, Mark and Grace hold up our chain. Tags have been added with certain exciting events that take place as we are counting our way to Christmas.
Included on the tags are saint days, family birthdays and Christmas parties. I think I will add other tags with things such as making cookies and decorating the tree. I have written some dates on the paper chain also.
We will tear a chain off everyday, bringing us closer and closer to Jesus' birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I have copied this craft (I have plagierized-send me a bill) With so much non-Christian ads out there this is certainly the way to help center Christ in our lives. Kim