Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dinner in the Little House

There was talk over on the 4Real Learning forum about the size of houses. I 'confessed' that we have 12 people in a 990 sq.ft. house. I said I would put some pictures up showing us having dinner. I think this is our most crowded time of the day. Also, if you look in the background, it seems as though school is also taking over most of the walls.
We do have to admit though, that love does grow best in little spaces. Everyone is happy (and well fed).
I tried to give a panoramic view going around the table.


7 comments:

Ladybug Mommy Maria said...

The size of your home is like a hug - helping everyone feel safe and loved!

They're so happy and beautiful!

~cactus mouse~ said...

Our house is about the same size -- DH calls it "cozy"! I love the picture of your family at dinner - you all look so happy! Your family is lovely!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family, and everyone looks s happy. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

Joann,
Thank you for posting these pictures of your beautiful family. Everyone looks very happy enjoying their mealtime together!

Anonymous said...

Awwww.....see?? This is one of the reason I'm seriously thinking of having a big family myself... :)

Anonymous said...

What a blessing it is that at your house dinner is the most crowded time of the day! Most families don't even have dinner, and it is a treat to see all those smiling loving faces around yours.

We are crowded in our kitchen too, and in our last house, we were beginning to divide up into two rooms by the end.

Love, Alice Gunther
http://alice.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

I just found your site. I am the mother of ten as well (although we are in the process of adopting three more children). It is always fun to see how other large families do it.